Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our New Life...Graham Isaac Bawden











Here are pictures finally! I promise i'm not a bad mom because it took me so long to show off my handsome little man! We have just finally been adjusting to new life and recovery is near the end stages. We love our Little Graham baby and enjoy so so so much his sweet little spirit that brightens our home. I wont make it graphic at all, but some have been asking for the story so here goes (hang on it's a long ride!!!):
On Sunday morning, Jan. 4th I started having contractions at about 7 am...my water hadn't broken so i was too afraid to go to the hospital to just have them send me home, so i labored at home for about 7 hours before we finally headed to the hospital about 2:30pm. When I was being checked at the hospital it was determined that i would be admitted because i was about 90% effaced and 4 cm dialated (This was such a relief!). So i was admitted and sent to labor and delivery. After reaching my room my contractions started super hard in my back so I chose to get my epidural a little early (LOVE THEM!!!).
After my epidural started to kick in it was smooth sailing for a little while at least! They broke my water as soon as the epidural kicked in, which was a really interesting and kinda cool feeling. For it being my first deliverey I progressed rather quickly and 5 hours later I was at 10 cm and ready to push...this is where the story turns a little scary and tiring (at least it was for Graham and I). I started pushing at 10pm on Sunday night. I pushed and was progressing well...after about an hour of pushing the nurse got kinda quiet and didn't really say much, then before I knew it there were 3 more nurses in my room trying to turn me in different positions (which is kinda tricky since i couldn't actually feel the lower half of my body to move it ;). They then proceeded to tell us that he was face up, turned slightly and stuck under my pelvic bone. So he was basically stuck and not coming out. For those of you who know me I was terrified of having a C-section and that is what they were started to suggest when they couldn't get him to turn over. I told them there was no way i wanted a c-section unless Graham's or my life was in danger. I then pushed for another 2.5 hours before the Dr. arrived. After another 40 min. of pushing Graham Isaac Bawden entered the world and was placed in my arms. Even though the 4 hours of pushing was traumatic to both him and me his little heart rate stayed strong the whole time, never falling low! Recovery for me was quite a process (that's a whole other story so if you really want details, not the gross ones, just ask).
When they layed him up on my chest he was crying (we were all crying!) but then he just stopped and looked at me for like 10 min while the Dr. finished delivering the placenta and stiching me up. It was the most traumatic yet, incredible experience that i have ever experienced. It was also extremely spiritual, and although I would like to forget some details of the labor (extreme exhaustion and pain) I will never forget bringin the sweetest little piece of heaven to our family!
Graham Isaac Bawden was born on Monday, Jan. 5th, 2009 at 2:14am, wieghing a healthy 7lbs. 9ozs. He had a severe hematoma (sp?) on the top of his head (looking like a huge cone-head) from being stuck because I was so swollen. However it went away after 24 hours and he has a perfectly round little head. He is a beautiful baby and a great baby too!!! He sleeps for about 4 hours at a time and eats like a champ! I feel that Heavenly Father blessed me with a great baby since the delivery was so hard. It is like nothing I ever imagined, and the sweetest experience. He truly is a little piece of heaven. Thank you all for yours prayers and support. More pictures coming soon!!!




9 comments:

Tammy said...

So Sweet Sis, he is so beautiful, and has blessed our whole Family it is amazing how one little spirit/ person can change everything in our lives , mostly our hearts. You are such an amazing mama and papa, how blessed we all are. We love you Graham Baby!!!

Ian and Kristen said...

Congratulations Chelsea! He is beautiful! I am so glad that everything worked out with your delivery and that he stayed strong! Don't worry... you will feel fully recovered someday! There is a light at the end of the tunnel! Hope you guys are all doing great!
p.s. send me your email address to kris10peterson@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite to our blog... we're switching it to private

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

O M GOSH. I didn't even know you were pregnant. what! this is great.

Amber said...

Congratulations! He is so cute, I am so glad I get to keep up with you through the blog now!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Oh Chels! I'm so happy for you. He's beautiful!!

Miss Lisa said...

Chels, Ise, and Grahammy...I just want you all to know how blessed and thankful I am for you! The wonderful example you have been to us all of your tenderness towards each other during this time of recovery of the birth of your sweet little man...it's been incredible to witness! Thanks for your great lives and I'm just so blessed to be a small part of it and to learn from you all...I love you dearly, Mom/Grama Lisa oxoxox

courtnee said...

We love you guys!!! He is adorable. Can not wait to kiss those sweet cheeks someday. Love your fam-best wishes,
Justice's

Jenna said...

Chelsea, that is wonderful! Congratulations. :) Take lots of pictures because they change every day. He is a beautiful baby with lots of dark hair!

Tosha said...

Congrats Chelsea and Isaac!!! You did it. Know you can't be counted among the women who have survived childbirth. My youngest sister just had hers too and I am flying there tomorrow, Feb 11th to kiss all over her sweet face. Okay, sooo, maybe we could get Graham and Lily Olive to meet up one day and then we could be related!! Good thinking on my part. Hope you are well and loving motherhood, even the hard days!!! Tosha